About Channa Borman
Channa Borman is an honest, down-to-earth, straight-talking lawyer who focuses her practice on divorce and family law. She believes that clients should know where they stand legally and be given enough basic, practical knowledge of the law and reliable legal guidance to make informed, sound decisions.
Channa sets high goals for herself and works tirelessly to meet them. She also brings this kind of dedication to her practice, when working with you on your family law issues.
Channa’s strong leadership qualities led to serving as the President of the Brazos Valley Young Lawyers Association and Social Committee Chair of the Brazos County Bar Association from 1996 to 2000. She was also active on the State Bar of Texas Board of Directors of the Texas Young Lawyers Association from 1998 through 2000. When nominated for President-Elect of the Texas Young Lawyers Association in 2000, she met many attorneys throughout Texas during her statewide campaign. The privilege of being nominated was a very humbling and gratifying experience for her. She is a three-time winner of the Brazos County Bar Association’s Pro Bono Service Award.
Channa has been practicing law in the Brazos Valley since 1994:
- Associate Attorney, Meece & Kohn, P.C., Dec 1994 – Feb 1996
- Associate Attorney, Searcy & Gandy, P.C., Feb 1996 – May 2000
- Partner, Borman*Imbrie, LLP, May 2000 – May 2002
- Principal, C.E. Borman & Associates, May 2002 – present
Educator in the Legal Field
Channa shares her knowledge and love of the law with others in many fields.
- Adjunct Professor, Blinn College, Legal Assistant program
- Current subjects include Legal Research and Civil Litigation
- Previous subjects include Family Law and Legal Writing
- Fall and Spring classes, beginning Fall 2002 to present
- Family Mediation Training Speaker for the Dispute Resolution Center of the Brazos Valley
- Court Appointed Special Advocate Training Speaker, Voices for Children
Channa has served various Bar Associations during her career. Her service and leadership accomplishments follow this timeline:
- State Bar of Texas (SBOT), Young Lawyer’s Association (TYLA), Director, District 2, 1997-2000
- SBOT, TYLA, President-Elect candidate, 2000
- SBOT, TYLA, President’s Award of Merit recipient, 1999 and 2000
- Chair, Co-Chair or Vice-Chair, varios TYLA service committees, 1997-2000, including:
- Prevention of Domestic Violence
- Small Law Office
- People’s Law School
- Women and the Law
- National Trial Competition
- Administration of Justice
- Needs of Senior Citizens
- Annual Meeting
- Consumer Affairs
- We the Jury
- Long Range Planning
- SBOT, Family Law Council, TYLA Liaison, 2000
- SBOT, TYLA Program speaker in “Ten Minute Mentor” series, 2000, topic “The Ten Commandments of Running a Family Law Practice”
- SBOT, Media Response Team member
- SBOT, Texas Bar Foundation, fellow since 2003
- SBOT, Pro Bono College of the State Bar, member since 2003
- Brazos Valley Young Lawyer’s Association, Secretary 1996-97, Vice-President 1997-1998, President 1998-2000
- Brazos County Bar Association, Pro Bono Service Award, 1998, 2000 and 2008
- Brazos County Bar Association, Social Committee Chair, 1996-2000
Channa received a B.A. degree in English from Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas, graduating magna cum laude in December 1990. She went on to obtain her law degree from Texas Tech University School of Law, where she graduated cum laude. She began practicing law in 1994, came to College Station and established her own private law firm in the Bryan/College Station area.
Channa received the “Am Jur Award” for both Contracts and Law Office Management, which recognizes the student with the highest grade in a particular law school class in a given semester. The award is sponsored by Thomson West, the publishers of the American Jurisprudence (“Am Jur”) legal encyclopedia.
Channa married her husband Tom in 1998, and they have two beautiful daughters. She is a member of St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church in Bryan. Since 1998, she has been a concealed handgun license holder, and in her spare time, she is an avid reader.
Contact Us For a Consultation
At C. E. Borman & Associates, you can rely on our experience to protect your legal rights. Call our firm a (979) 846-4090 or contact us online. Schedule an appointment to discuss your legal matter with an attorney and find out how we can help you meet your objectives.
Our law firm represents clients in Bryan, College Station, Hearne, Franklin, Madisonville, Caldwell, Somerville, Snook, Anderson, Navasota, Iola, Brenham, Bellville, Giddings and Centerville, Texas
Get Started Today
Please complete the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Excellence & Experience
C. E. Borman & Associates has been selected for the 2014 College Station Best Businesses Award for Divorce & Family Law
Channa has been nominated for Best Attorney in the Best of the Brazos Valley campaign for 2010 through 2013